The Golden Rule
Never give money (including banking and credit card details) or personal information (such as your full name, phone number and email address) to a person you’ve never met. Be wary of people claiming to live overseas, and always meet people in a safe public place.
How to identify a scammer
- wants to leave Twosome immediately and use personal email or instant message (e.g. Yahoo Chat, Skype)
- claims love at first sight
- talks about “fate” or “destiny”
- claims to be from the the USA, but is travelling or working overseas
- makes an unusual number of spelling or grammatical errors
- plans to visit, but is prevented by a traumatic event or a business deal gone wrong
- claims to be out of the country for business or military service
- vanishes mysteriously from the site, then reappears under a different name
How to report a scammer
If you spot a suspicious profile, or if you receive a suspicious message, please report it by clicking the “Report” link at the bottom of the profile page (or contact us) immediately so that we can remove the profile.